Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adventures in D-World!


Oh it's been so long since I posted! I'm sorry! I just work nights usually, and then on my days off I just play and don't feel like blogging. so here we goooooooo! So last week my roommates and I attented Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We went as the 3 good fairies, flora, fauna, and merryweather. our home-made costumes weren't as cheap as we thought, and weren't as easy to make as we thought. but we had fun making them! So here's some pictures of that night.




It was so much fun. So these pictures have a week between them. We realized that the time goes so quickly here because we just go from days off to days off. the time in between is just work and we don't even count it. But, let the record show that I do love my job. I love to answer guests' questions and telling them little secrets to have more fun in the parks. I love to talk to the little kids and ask them if they're having fun. It's heaven for me.

Anyway. days off a week later! We went resort hopping! because we never know what to tell guests when they ask us about resorts. so we went to lunch at a semi-fancy restaurant at the Contemporary Resort. I got a bison burger. yeah that's right. trying new things over here! it was fantastic.

Then we went to the Polynesian resort. they have hammocks. on a beach. oh it was so relaxing.
next was the grand floridian. and oh boy is it grand! i can't even explain it.
then we went to the swan and dolphin. we actually just saw the outside. but it looks cool right?
next was the boardwalk! i need to stay here. oh it's so beautiful!

and here it is ladies and gentleman. the kitchen sink. 15 scoops of ice cream. 18 toppings. a can of whipped cream. 7 of us ate it. (it would be more of a feat with fewer people) but, it was fun.
until my next days off :)


Elder Rodgerson update: I got a letter! hooray! he's doing so well, loving it, not homesick, hating the food, loving the work. funny quote from his letter... but please note, it was at the very end. everything else was gospel oriented. "I dropped my scriptures the other day and this guy told me my wife got uglier. but then he said you get double hot wife points for tracting in the rain and triple if you do it in the snow. so just a heads up." he just said he's really happy and he couldn't ask for more.

4 comments:

  1. Haha that is so funny! Love the fairy outfits! I'm so glad you're having fun!!! The kitchen sink looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're loving it- just a note, you need to start taking pictures with your camera instead of your phone because if you ever wanted to of the resolution.
    Sending a package your way soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh a chunk of my post is gone..... I meant because if you ever wanted to print them out they'd be grainy because of the resolution. (trust me, I would know.)

    ReplyDelete