Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I miss my best friend!!!

I know I know! If I miss him now what am I gonna do for two years. But, I think it's worse because we have constant communication. When he leaves on his mission he'll be gone! He won't be texting me every day! haha. Anyway. I thought now would be a good time for some Trace and Katelin pictures. We've been through a whole crap load together. ha. Well, he's my best friend and I'm so proud of him and his choices.

Let me tell you about Trace, if you don't know him. Trace is the kind of kid that is so laid back it almost stresses you out. He hates plans, he hates big groups, I really don't know how we like each other so much. We are ABSOLUTE opposites.
He won battle of the bands twice in high school, I was homecoming queen... He hated dance company, I was vice president (but he did come to my concert all three years)


But here is what I love about him. Trace is the hardest worker I've ever met. Whether it's school, work, or church, he gets it done. He's worked so hard to prepare for his mission and it's so exciting to see the pile of books next to his bed, all marked up and such.
He loves his family, and has such incredible relationships with his parents and siblings. He never tells secrets. Believe me, I can never get them out of him ;) and he always keeps mine too. He always gives me advice when I ask for it, and even though it's usually "say a prayer", it helps.

And last but certainly not least, he puts up with me. with my loud, perfectionist, planning, stressed out ways. I've calmed down a lot because of him, but hey, who do you think I am? haha there will always be that little Roger in me that's gotta stay on the go.
Anyway, there's my ode to Trace.

Oh did I mention he's freakin hilarious and makes me laught 24/7?

1 comment:

  1. That was a very nice ode. Did I already comment? I can't remember. Anyway, it won't get better sorry, wish I could say it would. It's just a terrible thing. Fortunately you'll survive. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete