Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Merry Thanksgiving?

Alrighty. So Cami and I both had the day off today. We slept in... well I did. Then we just chilled all day because Kelly was sleeping. (she's costuming the castle show for christmas and they have middle of the night rehearsals. her shift is 10:30 tonight to 8:30 tomorrow morning. poor girl.) After I made a wonderful casserole (cuz I'm gonna be a homemaker when I grow up) we decided that we weren't gonna have much time once the holidays hit so we needed to get our Christmas decor up. So we hopped on the Walmart bus and off we went.

We came home with the loot (including 2 huge bags of halloween candy that were 50% off. and got to work. (after we had the Christmas music playing of course) We had 2 boxes of lights. we put them over the closet and bathroom doors and they looked so cute. Then disaster struck. Half the lights went out. it was awful. We tried so hard, switching fuses, testing lights, anything we could think of.
So I think I went into fight or flight mode. we decided we needed to go to publix. Which is about a mile away. So I put on my tennis shoes and started running. In the dark. In the rain.

There's a Walgreens right by it, so I went in there first (panting and soaking wet). No Christmas lights. So I ran over to Publix. No Christmas lights. BACK to Walgreens. I figured someone knew where I could find Christmas lights. A lady finally said she had some in the back. For some reason she just had these weird white ones that were 10 bucks, but I had come too far to back down. So I got them. And sprinted home. And it's a good thing! Cuz if I didn't, we wouldn't have been able to make...

THIS

We improvised with only one and a half strands of lights. and we got this cute sign/ornament for a dollar.

We took one with the flash on so you could see the cute sign.

We also got this cute nativity set for 10 dollars. I think it's so stinkin cute.

We're currently watching Rudolph. It's nice to feel the christmas spirit, and even nicer to live with someone who loves it as much as I do!

Happy Christmas Harry.


3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous! I have been listening to FM100 for 2 days now and haven't heard one Christmas song! But there was a cracker display at Walmart with Christmas lights on it and it made me happy.

    PS DON'T JOG AROUND ORLANDO BY YOURSELF YOU DORK! THINK NATALIE HALLOWAY - have you forgotten everything I taught you

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you thought yesterday was just a nothing-to-do day! Very proud of your creativity:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know, you haven't posted in two weeks. Also, yesterday instead of playing "come come ye saints" on the bells every hour, they played the harry potter theme song. I was more proud of BYU yesterday than I have been in a long time.

    ReplyDelete