Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gimme a break!


Not only would I like a Kit Kat, but I'd also like a break. This post is for venting reasons. So really, you don't have to read it. Lately I've been trying really hard to be extra social and even.... date. I know right? Anyway, it's been a disaster. One kid gave me a just friends talk after hanging out twice and now I have to be the bad guy and give my very own just friends talk. It's ridiculous. I mean who wrote these rules about dating and "dtr"ing (defining the relationship... for those of you who aren't hipsters) I mean why can't I just send a text that says, hey! let's be friends! I don't like you like that! I mean isn't that so easy?! it just ticks me right off. I shouldn't be talkin though, that's probably what I'll end up doing. Anyway. I'm taking a break from the dating game for a while. Mom says she wouldn't be dating in my situation. Hmph. Which brings me to my next point.

I have two scriptures that I will be trying extra hard to apply in my life for the next little while, then hopefully they will be come habits. What's that, 21 days? Anyway...

D&C 88:124
Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.

and....

D&C 88:119
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God

School is almost over and I'm going to have a little bit more free time for a while, until I start working way too much over the summer that is. I know that Satan is prying at every angle of my life right now. And the place he succeeds the most is in my laziness and procrastination.

A goal not written down is simply a wish, hence this lovely post.

Every night I will write down what my next day holds, including when I'll wake up, and what needs to be accomplished. I will read my scriptures and say my prayers every night AND every morning. I will pray for and seek missionary opportunities in my every day life. And I will learn to budget, and cut exceedingly unnecessary spending. This is will happen for 21 days!! Then hopefully we'll have some habits on our hands.

go team. go team go.

And gosh I miss Trace.

6 comments:

  1. so i guess i can stop asking.... i told you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that explains why you're awake:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say I didn't laugh about sleeping longer than is needful and organizing yourself:) I really do hope you succeed. Mom must really like Trace (understandably) cuz she sure never gave me that advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. motivator!
    Love the goal setting 21days every night deal! I am gonna start doing that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said, I never had to go through this awkward dating phase, because I met your father when I was, well, 17. And I'm actually quite glad I missed it! It's not that you shouldn't date, but you shouldn't force yourself if you really don't want to! Life should be enjoyed:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated dating. Just don't date unless you know something has drastically changed with your situation. And I'm still working on some of those same goals I set when I was way younger. I guess the point is to constantly be actively trying right?

    ReplyDelete