Sunday, March 4, 2012

Best Friends.

Today, I bore my testimony and included this little example that I wanted documented.

I love having good relationships with people, and because of this, I have a lot of best friends. Some would say, oh so you just have a lot of friends? No, when I talk about them, there is no other way to refer to them. They are each my best friend. Let me take a moment to introduce them.

Let's start with someone you all know...
Ah yes, the love of my life. Mr. Trace Ashton Elder Rodgerson. You all know our story, so I won't bore you. But he is my best friend. I have no reservations around him. I can be me and that's it. And belive it or not, he likes that!


My other boy best friend...
Caleb George Elder Bills
Oh boy. Let me just start with... HE GETS HOME IN 8 DAYS!!!!!! I can absolutely not contain my excitement. Kee-ub and I go way back. We were madly in love in the seventh grade. ;) Our relationship consisted of msn messenger mostly. But, that sure brought us together later. We have been through it all, middle school, high school, some college before he ditched me for Brazil. He has always been strong in the gospel and the greatest example to me. 


Next, Miss Cyndi Anne Crawford.
Cyndi and I became friends through Caleb actually. He knew her from school or something... so she hung out in "the circle" with us. Literally, we would all hang out in Caleb and Ashley and Ty's circle, all the time. Cynd has been with me through those wonderfully awful high school years, we were roommates our first year of college, and now she's off teaching English in China!!


Through Cyndi, I had the blessing of meeting Emelia Karina Sines (soon to be Mrs. Brent Erickson)
Mills and I have a really great relationship. We have always just clicked. We didn't have a lot in common at first except dance company, but we can just talk. Or we can be silent. And it's perfect. We understand each other really well and she always gives the greatest advice. I'm so happy that she has found the man of her dreams and that she gets to be with him for eternity. He is truly a blessing in her life and mine!

Meet Jonny. He doesn't get a full name cuz he's just Jonny to everyone. :)
Jonny was my first date to a dance and he looks like Johnny Depp now which is cool... ha anyway. Jonny and I go back to middle school as well! We have always just been in the same group of friends. But, that means we know EVERYTHING about each other. We have grown closer and closer and I am very grateful to have him around. Luckily, we both live at home so I always know he's there if I need someone. Also, he was my date to The Vow on Valentine's day, so thanks for that bud. 

Almost last, but not least... Thanks to Caleb I met this gem. 
Lexi Marie Childs is my rock. She's younger than me, but I swear she is older sometimes... :) She just glows with the light of Christ. Even though she lives in Logan, our daily phone calls are what keep me going sometimes. We look out for each other and we just get each other. We are VERY similar (sometimes it's freaky) and I can't wait for her to be able to be with her lover in 8 days!!! 

Okay the last ones don't really connect to the previous, that's why they're last. 
I miss Kelly Joy and Emily Sue (Soon to be Mrs. Soren Barker) SO MUCH! They were just the roommates I needed when I lived in Florida. At first we all thought there was no way we would be friends. But, our constant communication now, being a home a year, definitely proves that wrong. These girls are the most optimistic and brilliant girls I know. They act, they sing, they cook, they clean! They truly are amazing, and Emily Sue is going to make one amazing wife. 









So! Last weekend... I was so depressed because none of my Best Friends were available to talk to me. Then something hit me like a ton of bricks. I have 2 best friends that will ALWAYS be available. Rain or Shine, no matter where on the earth I am, no matter what. 
It literally knocked me to my knees and I apologized for not coming to my Father in Heaven first! I'm so grateful that I can have a relationship with them. I'm grateful for all my relationships, but I know that no matter what happens, no matter who enters or exits my life, I will always have my Heavenly Father and my Brother, Jesus Christ. 


2 comments:

  1. Well said my dear. And I am happy to say I know your besties...except your Florida friends. Guess we have been in each other's lives a very long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little bit offended that I did not appear here.

    ReplyDelete