Sunday, July 15, 2012

Are you gettin excited?

People keep asking me... are you getting excited for him to come home? and I reply politely, yes! it will be so fun. When in my head I'm saying, "duh! I've been excited since the day he left!"

Here's some thoughts I've been having. As exciting as it is, it's terrifying. I am terrified for that moment. Mostly because when I get nervous I start talking in a British accent. Awkard meets irony. There's a lot of pressure here, on both ends.

So here's what I've learned in the last 2 years.

  • I am an independent person, believe it or not. I have learned to love my alone time. I crave it. 
  • I figured out what it takes to be happy with life. 
    • It takes faith.
    • It takes prayer.
    • It takes study
    • It takes family.
  • It's easy to receive guidance from the spirit. If you're trying. It won't be thrust upon you. It starts with a choice. 
  • I don't need Trace to survive. If this blows up in my face, I know that I will be okay. stop rolling your eyes. I'm serious. I really know how to be happy all on my own, without depending on anyone.
With all that being said... 
    everyone keeps saying well it'll all work out how it's supposed to

                                I know that. 

However, I know that it is going to be easier to figure out "how it's supposed to" if I am living righteously. If I'm in tune, I'm gonna be a-okay. 

I'd like to publicly apologize to Mom for telling her I didn't want any more advice. Hers just happened to come after everyone who is trying to tell me how Trace is going to act... when they've never even met him. I was very frustrated. If you know me, and you know Trace, advice is welcome. If not, I will smile and nod and then disregard everything you say. And mother, I love your advice. And I love you. 

32 days. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said my wise-beyond-her-years friend. You have always strived to do things the right way, the Lord's way, and that is why no matter what you will be okay...even better than okay! I love you and I'm excited too!

    ReplyDelete