Thursday, August 23, 2012

Unreal

Wellp. He has almost been home a week. We still keep laughing because we feel like he never left.
But he definitely left. The little things that are so different prove it. I never have to open my own car door. He is always on time. He is asking me what the plan is instead of complaining because I made a plan. And we read scriptures and say our prayers. Every day. Together.
We have spent a lot of time together in the last week. But I see no problem with that. We are trying to spend equal time at each of our homes. But it's hard when mine doesn't have a kitchen.
On Friday, I gave him his birthday present. We are going to Denver to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers [and his grandparents]. But We are so excited. He told me yesterday that he had just accepted the fact that he would never see them in concert. He is convinced this will be the best concert he has ever been to. I'm thrilled.
Then we spent the afternoon putting a cheap stereo in his lovely high school car. His brother went two years without one. I was sort of sad because we used to have such great talks because there was no radio. But I'm over it. We still talk.
We went to like eight stores to get the right stuff... His cousin thought we were cute in our colors pants so he took a picture.
Oh yeah! My best friends got married to each other! That was Friday as well. They were one of the first Sealings which was nice. Everything was amazing.
Trace was a gem and came to the reception with me. We actually went to my childhood best friend's reception as well. He was such a champ about me dragging him around and showing him off. Then he would hold my bridesmaid bouquet while I had to attend to bridesmaid duties. He wasn't even embarrassed when I climbed out of the pool... Fully clothed. With the rest of the bridal party. He is a keeper.
He is getting his guitar skill back. It's amazing.
His sister and mom and I took him shopping and got him some cute clothes. He finally agrees to wear clothes that fit. Thank you mission.
His homecoming was so great. His talk was amazing. And I loved catching up with his family and neighbors. The thing I missed most over the last two years was spending Sundays with this kid.
He helped my dad and Tyson tear down the kitchen. He's such a good boy.
And we started a colored pants club.
School starts Monday. Let the chaos begin.

1 comment: