Saturday, October 23, 2010

straight up.

I can't keep it in today. I miss home. Real bad. Here are some of the things I miss the most.

1. Water. the water here is gross, I'm sorry to say I'm practically used to it. But, my face isn't. it does horrible things to my face.

2. Mountains.
2a. FALL. The weather is beautiful here, but I don't get to wear boots and scarves and cute pea coats. Just longer short sleeves and capris sometimes. the only leaves that aren't green are dead.

3. My family. Believe me, I love my roommates, but holy cow would I rather sit in a room with my family. Even though I'd probably get teased much more than I do here... I think I'd rather be there.

4. My bed. A foam pad has increased comfort, but it's no squeaky daybed in the basement.

5. Cars. Having the option of driving would make my life SO much easier.

6. Cyndi and Emelia. again, love my roommates. but, their idea of fun is watching old musicals. which I love! I do! but, I could really use some more... chill... friends.

7. I'm annoying myself with this list. I'm done complaining!

See you in January. Oh, and can't WAIT to see the little girls in a few weeks! Still no letter from Trace, if it doesn't come by monday, something is quite wrong with the postal service.

Keeping my chin up.

3 comments:

  1. But the good news is you're getting experience. And you're doing something none of us have ever done. And we're all jealous of that.

    Cheer up Charlie (how's that for old musical)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate! I REALLY miss you! Last night i had a dream that you came home for a week to spend with family only, we went to the temple but it turned out to be an underground movie theater (we saw mega mind there), then during the movie your room mates were handing out things that let you stay home an extra week, you looked over at me and i was crying because i love you so, you said YOU would hand them out. (i woke up crying), so i stayed in bed waiting until the tears went away. When i went downstairs I asked mom when you come home... JANUARY!! You are kidding me!!!!!

    I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN 18 DAYS! MISS YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you too but look on the bright side, you are doing great! You get to go to Disney world everyday! You are so lucky. We are coming to see you in only 19 days. If those few months went by so fast you will be home in no time!

    Chin up chin up everybody loves a happy face. Chin up chin up it will lighten up the darkest place!

    ReplyDelete