Thursday, December 30, 2010

No More...



frustrating language barriers...
people shoving things into my face and saying "please! please! quanto? quanto!"
people tearing up the store and sleeping on the floor on the busiest of days

No more... working late enough to say good morning to the security guards on the way home

No more... A Bus. or busses in general.
waiting for a late bus
shoving to get a seat that will only make your butt fall asleep
stopping and going enough to make you hurl

No more... fighting thousands of people to get to the other side of the store

No more... getting yelled at because Cinderella wasn't here today

No more... MOM JEANS!

No more... spontaneous torrential downpours

No more... palm trees at Christmas time

No more... watching tv on a 12x12 computer screen

No more... walking a zillion miles to the mailbox

No more... taking a 40 minute bus ride to go to WalMart and carry all my groceries home

No more... incompetent people (I can dream right?)



No more... magic

No more... fireworks every night

No more... mickey thanking me for making the magic every time I clock out

No more... late nights with my roommates because it's too late to even sleep

No more... giving a little kid cotton candy for their birthday, just because I can

No more... telling families the inside scoop on wait times and fast passes

No more... buying all the unhealthy food I want at WalMart

No more... making friends from all over the world

No more... have a magical day


This has been the most amazing adventure I've ever had. The one thing I've learned more than anything else is, Attitude Is Everything. There are more pessimists out there today than ever before. But, to them I say, don't let the man get you down. ha! Even in the worst of days, someone's got it worse, so the only thing you can do is smile and try to figure it out. Emphasis on smile.

To all who read this: This week, try a little harder to smile. It's the most contagious form of communication. Don't forget that someone is always watching.

I've also never been so grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This church contains the true gospel of Jesus Christ. As I've been here, I've learned that we are in fact a minority, and that there are so many people that are just ready to hear the gospel. Sometimes all it takes, is a smile, so that they don't feel uncomfortable talking about it with you. I've learned how to bear my testimony in a way that doesn't sound like I'm standing at a pulpit. A simple "No, thanks. I don't watch rated R movies..." and "Nah you guys go ahead, I don't drink..." have done me a lot of good in the last 4 1/2 months.

Now it's time to take a day to pack, and then go home and start 2011!! It's gonna be a big year. While I'm here, I'll go ahead and record my new year resolutions, because a goal not written down is simply a wish!

1. Budget. Well, learn how to budget. Have a financial plan for the next few years at the end of the year.

2. Be Healthy. I'm not going to make any eating or exercising goals, because those never work. But, I do want to have a healthy sleep pattern and a pretty healthy lifestyle.

3. Have fun. Secretly I'm making goals to stay home and do homework and not talk to anyone. But, I know that I need to be out livin a little. So I guess I'll make it a resolution to have fun. Heck maybe I'll even go on a date or two... if I can shut up about Trace, which I still haven't been able to do. I can't date till I can stop talking about him! Maybe that will be a resolution... nah.

4. Have missionary experiences. This includes praying for them, and searching for them. It's not gonna be as easy as it is here to have those experiences!

5. Don't get married.

Have a magical day.


5 comments:

  1. Not to focus on the less important part of the post, but does Mickey actually thank you? Verbally? I can't get him to say a word to me when I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so excited to have you home tomorrow! I'll try to get the wet dog smell out of my house so you can come see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories you will keep forever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete