Friday, February 4, 2011

The Curveball


I knew something was gonna go awry. Life has just been too perfect lately. Great new job, doing well in school, being perfectly content that my best friend in the whole world is gone for 2 years! I was just waiting for a curveball. Well, here we go! Today I forgot to take my statistics exam. I don't know what happened. All the dates and information just got completely jumbled in my mind. So, it was either fail this exam that was 25% of my grade, or withdraw from the class. I feel like such a coward, but I'm gonna withdraw. Now I can focus my attention on accounting, biology, public speaking, and doctrine and covenants. I'm also going to try to put a lot more focus into my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I think that my life could be much closer to perfect with a lot more spirit in my life.

Is it too much to ask for a little slow pitch?

3 comments:

  1. That is actually a good thing....trying to think of a sports analogy......not a home run...not a touchdown.....maybe a slam dunk...it's like a first down. Makes it a little easier to get through the game. That was stupid. But a few more months without statistics never hurt anyone. I would be overjoyed. But missing a test has always been my worst fear.......THAT analogy is easy. It's like running with the ball towards the wrong end zone. But in this case it was actually your own end zone. If you want me to commentate the Super Bowl for you just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what you said Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always a curveball every once in a while. You just have to know how to hit them. Sounds like you hit it just fine and have your visuals on the whole season, not just that one game. This is so fun to talk in "game" language. :)

    ReplyDelete