Monday, February 7, 2011

Let's hear it for the boy!

(photo caption: mom, look at me modeling this sweet tie you gave me, I'm a gap model)

Can I just say...
I frickin love this kid. When we were dating before he left, sometimes we got into arguments because I knew he loved me a lot, but sometimes he wasn't very good at showing it...
So then he leaves on a mission. This kid has had the most mighty change of heart. He loves this gospel so much. I mean he did before he left, but now he is just so committed. It's fantastic.
And lately, he's been making sure that I know he still loves me. He doesn't write me long love letters or anything, but I have been getting lots of letters lately and that just makes my day. I just thought I'd give him a shout out, even though he can't read it...

So you can read what he says!

"I have been obsessed with the Saviour's ministry lately. I have read the sermon on the mount like six times in the past two weeks and Jesus the Christ is one of the greatest books ever written. I recommend you pick it up, I'm sure your daddy has it." (here's a funny part) "I also just read through the account of Abinadi and the priests of King Noah and I decided I'm going to make a comic book of the story line but make it follow the story line of Star Wars! The characters may look something like this..."
They teach a zillion Hungarians and said that most of them are struggling financially and having a hard time finding work. "There's not much you can do as a missionary. I suppose that sometimes we look for wealth and well-being as signs of blessings of following the Saviour. We often forget that what the Saviour has promised is an inner peace."

Yes, he puts "u"s in words, like a Brit.

It's been 5 months. And it's flyin by! Go team!

1 comment: