Sunday, August 14, 2011

3 months later...

One year ago (in 4 days) my family drove me to the airport in the middle of the night, and I flew across the country all by myself to live and work in the sunshine state. Oh how I miss it.
I also hugged (and maybe kissed) this boy for the last time. (last picture... cute)
a LOT has changed and happened in the last year. But one thing is for sure, I still love this kid. Now, you can't tell me I haven't dated. I've dated. I've hung out. I've met new people. I've given it my all, and still, when asked about these boys, my reaction is... "he's no Trace". I will continue to date, but things are lookin up for Krace.

So! Summer! Right?! It's almost over, and I have failed wonderfully in the blogosphere. For that, I apologize. Let's recap shall we?!

Since my last post...
I bought this car, and have learned about having a loan. She doesn't have a name yet, except the seagreen sebring. But, she's treated me well thus far.


I have come to love country dancing. It's bizarre, and it can be very awkward. It's not the social norm to stand on the side and wait for a boy to ask you to dance. Maybe that's why I love it so much. It's so nerve wracking, but exhilarating!! We have a lot of fun. I also have a Lexi addiction. (middle) I got to know Lex when she started dating my best friend Caleb. (who gets home in 7 months. YESSSSSSSSSS) Anyway, Lexi is the greatest example and I've been blessed to have her live 2 seconds away from me. She has talked me through so many hard things, and easy things that I make harder than they need to be. I love her to death and miss her. (she's in Ecuador being a saint, then she's moving back to Logan)

I went on a road trip to Zions with my friendlies and we had a wonderful time. It was really my only summer vacation. Except, I'm going to Bear Lake for a couple of days on Friday. I'm very excited. This trip was much needed and I have never felt so accomplished as I did at the top of Angel's Landing! Then, we ran down... 2 miles of switchbacks? mmmkay.


I got to live with this kid. I got to be woken up by the cutest and grumpiest little "No Tate" every day. It was a full house, but I was happy to wake up a babysitter, I love my boys.

Trace's sister got married and we shipped her off to Kentucky. We'll miss her, but her and Paul will be so happy together out there. It's funny to me because we watched their entire relationship. We compared it to ours, and learned from theirs. I remember being there when he picked her up on their first date! Love it.
Side story. I made this cardboard Trace for the wedding. Then I stayed to help clean up after the reception. Everyone was busy, the trailer was full, and it was raining, so I stuck Trace in my trunk and completely forgot about him. I got a text last sunday from his brother that said "do you know what happened to Trace?" I immediately teared up and my heart sank. Only the worst thoughts came to mind. I left my church meeting to call him and got another text... "the cardboard Trace, where is he?!" Oh heavens. Talk about an affirmation of love! hahahaha

It's been a wonderful summer. Full of new friends and old friends. (shout out to Cyndi and Emelia, still there for me, still rockin it. I value the time I get to spend with them now more than ever)

Faith is my foundation. Whenever I feel my life spinning out of control I go back to those little things, the tender mercies of the Lord. Reading my scriptures is something I've been struggling with, but working hard on. My Heavenly Father loves me. He knows that my life is crazy and he helps me keep the positive attitude that is absolutely necessary to get through this time of life called growing up.

I promise to post again soon. Until next time... Remember, your eyes must do some rainin, if you're ever gonna grow!



3 comments: