Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I could use a GPS right about now...


You know on your GPS when you're headed in the right direction and all of a sudden you miss a turn, or something changes and for a minute or two it just says "recalculating..."? If I wanted to follow the metaphorical formatting style of my sister, I'd just leave it at that. But, I love to explain myself.

So! A year ago... I had a very cool experience leaving me sure that I was supposed to serve a mission. (I had to write a paper... yada yada yada... long story) Since then I've been trying to make a choice. You know, because choices have to be made a year in advance these days! NOT! Just in my world. I like to know what I'm doing a year from now. Wellp. Turns out no one gets that kind of luxury. So I was set on going on a mission. I took Trace out of the picture (in my head... for a month or so) and that made my choice easy! But then I realized, he's totally in the picture. However he's not so much in the picture that I can plan on marrying him or anything. So it's all come down to this...

I can't make a choice right now. But, I can prepare. And I can prepare myself to receive guidance and revelation. That means I have be on my A game! All the time. I've shaped up my music choices. I've upped my scripture intake. And I've most definitely increased communication with my Heavenly Father.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in limbo... and when people ask about a mission or about Trace I can honestly say "I don't know..." It's bizarre. I'm not used to it. I'm used to telling people exactly what I'm doing and what my plan is. But for the first time, I don't have one.

So here are my resolutions:

1. Don't Freak Out Over The Little Things
2. Be Supportive Not Distracting To Elder Rodgerson
3. Study My Scriptures. Don't Just Read.
4. Don't Get Fat.

Happy New Year. I promise to post more as well.

3 comments:

  1. Good plan. I'm not goonna say I told you so. I'm not gonna say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outlook on life. I prefer control over my plans also, but realized many years ago all you can control in life is yourself and how you live it each day. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete