Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Night Blues

Trace and I used to always joke about the Sunday night blues. Sunday nights were our thing! We would play games, watch movies, have really good talks, etc.. Then I moved to Provo and thus began 3 long years of Sunday night blues. I think that's why Sunday is usually the day I visit his family. Anyway, it's been easier lately. Probably because Sunday's are super busy. Anyway! Here's what I've been up to.

This is Elder Tony Holman. He and trace are the best of friends. They were each other's favorite companion. Very bromantic. (see what I did there??) anyway. He is home! And from pleasant grove. So of course we had him over to dinner! (@ Rodgersons) it was so fun to hear all his stories!



I tried to think of a late Christmas present for trace that wouldn't be too lovey dovey or distracting. So! I just finished the Book of Mormon on Christmas day and the whole time I was reading, I was keeping a study journal. Well this journal became the evidence of much spiritual growth happenin up in herr. So I copied the whole thing and shipped it off to Angland. Cute right?



For work, if we reach our monthly production goal, we get to go out and do a "team-building activity". For December, we went up to Park City and went tubing! It was really nice weather which allowed for a good time to be had by all. Then we went to a yummy Mexican restaurant and, get this, I ate food. Like a normal person. Salsa, peppers, sour cream, the works! I'm so proud.



Cute Eastie got to come to my work. He literally has perfect teeth. So that was fun.



Then I road tripped with these grumps.


So we could wrap Collette up and drop her off on the doorstep at shaylee's party. So worth it. So cute.


Then I colored this picture. Sometimes you just gotta color.



Then we came home and Lexi and I saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D! It was so magical. Highly recommend it.



Today Emelia's little bro, Noble, gave his farewell talk. It was an amazing talk on the atonement. He talked about how the lord was always willing. Some of the only recorded words in the premortal existence were "here I am, send me" then on earth, he was found "doing his father's business" and among his last words, "thy will be done". Makes ya think... How willing am I?



Last, but not least. I'm stayin up on my mission prep. I'm taking 2 mission prep classes and 1 book of mormon institute class. trace gets home the day after my birthday... Hmmm. I will just keep prayin.

2 lines from hymns that keep me going:
Keep thou my feet, I do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me.

In every change, he faithful will remain.




Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment