Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mesquite!!

Well, BYU doesn't have a spring break. and I think that is ridiculous. So I created my own :) Trace's family and a WHOLE BUNCH of other families that they are great friends with go down to Mesquite/St. George every year. All the kids are pretty young so the Rodgersons are allowed to bring a friend. and ta da! I got to go this year :) We had so much fun. We spent time at the pool, playin on red rocks in St. George, and just enjoying some sun. Even though staying in the same room as Trace's parents should've been weird... it wasn't. It just made me miss my parents! haha. But, it was a much needed vacation.

I learned cute vintage photoshop effects. cute huh.
this is right when we got to the hotel. we refused to take two trips up!!just a small fraction of the group! I'm in the back corner holdin little Marrah.
hooray for swimming!!!! yes, I got a sunburn. that's all I wanted from this trip :)

Trace's sister Whitney. She and I are pretty tight. love her.
and on the way home, we took a couple cars so it was me and these boys in the car. we weren't gonna make it in time for priesthood session. so we stopped in payson, they changed in the parking lot, and i sat in the car for two hours watching happy feet. haha the best part is Jim forgot his church pants. haha!


Trace Update:

Trace is starting a new job with his cousin as one of those annoying door to door salesmen ;) who sells direct tv and dish. He went out on his first weekend trip this weekend and made 3 sales with his cousin the first day and 2 all by himself on saturday! So it's lookin like he's got a knack for it!
Anyway, He's going to Nebraska to do that for a few months this summer before his mission. It's a very awesome opportunity for him to get used to being away from home. And, It will force me to start making new friends even before he leaves for the mish. He's really excited about it, and I'm pretty proud of all his grown up decisions.
His papers go in this week. I can't wait for my best friend to be servin the Lord. He's come a long way and it's all thanks to our father in heaven :)

No comments:

Post a Comment